Wednesday, September 17, 2008

OzGo: Ruben Alcantara



This dude is crazy. Cool to listen to his story of how he made it big in the BMX scene (as taken from Etnies.com):

The thing was, the X Games were on the West Coast, in San Diego, and I was on the East Coast. Somehow, one day, a big box showed up at the Skatepark with my name on it. I was so confused and stoked at the same time. When I opened it up it was a complete new bike, a plane ticket to San Diego and an envelope with $600 in it. At that moment I was the happiest man on earth. A few months later I started to ride for etnies and since that day they’ve been so good to me that I don't know how to thank them for everything they do. Whatever I do for them it never feels like it’s enough.

-Ruben Alcantara


Check out his video. Cool to see someone riding some super sick lines! (Note: Everyone watch last 45 seconds of this video)




Ruben's page on EtniesBMX.com

No comments: